The dishonest or fraudulent perform by some individuals in ability has develop into a canker that has demonstrated tricky to deal with.
The act will make men and women compromise on their responsibilities and in most situations, leaves the weak at the mercy of another’s choice.
Jerry John Rawlings came to electric power in Ghana as a flight lieutenant of the Ghana Air Power next a coup d’état in 1979.
Go through More: Rawlings’ funeral postponed indefinitely
Rawlings grew discontented with Ignatius Kutu Acheampong’s authorities, which experienced arrive to electric power as a result of a coup in January 1972.
Acheampong was accused not only of corruption but also of preserving Ghana’s dependency on pre-colonial powers, in a circumstance that led to financial decline and impoverishment.
Previous President Jerry John Rawlings
In 1992, Rawlings resigned from the armed service, started the Countrywide Democratic Congress (NDC), and grew to become the very first President of the Fourth Republic. He was re-elected in 1996 for four additional many years.
He became president from 1993 to 2001. He is Ghana’s longest-serving president.
Former President Jerry John Rawlings died on Thursday, November 12, 2020, at the Korle Bu Instructing Healthcare facility in Accra.
The mortal stays of the late former President Jerry John Rawlings will be interred at the Military services Cemetery at Burma Camp in Accra.
Jerry John Rawlings
In this article are five renowned sayings of corruption by Rawlings.
- “Persons with a conscience are at times appalled by the intense insensitivity exhibited by some political appointees. The unparalleled levels of corruption, offensive present of power and opulence by some at a time when our place demands prudence and frugality is one thing that I get in touch with on President Mahama and his vice to set their eyes on.” – Rawlings said at a ceremony at the University of Training, Winneba, April 2014.
- “As a nation, we should really not get things for granted, but alternatively draw practical classes from the revolutionary interval to do points suitable to provide relief to Ghanaians.” – Rawlings reported at the 38th commemoration of the 31st December Revolution at the Winneba Lorry Park.
- “By the time this administration came into business office, the country was actually drowning in the follow of corruption with impunity. This administration has, hence, inherited nationwide corruption at its worst.” – Nana Addo inherited ‘corruption at its worst’ – Rawlings stated throughout a meeting with a delegation of political leaders from Sierra Leone on November 2, 2017.
- “The color of this democracy looks to be much too various from what we applied to know from the spirit of defiance that could consist of the greed, the selfishness that had supplied increase to so much corruption and suffering in this place.” – Rawlings claimed at a wreath-laying ceremony and parade at the Groundbreaking Square in Accra to mark the 34th Anniversary of the 31st December Revolution.
- “Any crooks and/or staff in positions of authority exposed by institutional investigations as having been corrupted by the power and authority they wield have to be thrown out and taken care of with the contempt they deserve before these types of institutions imbibe their deformed characters.” – Rawlings said in a keynote handle shipped at a convention of cadres and activists of the revolution in Kumasi on Saturday, September 28, 2019.